Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Touchdown

Made it. Finally! After a 9 1/2 hour flight, I'm finally here at San Francisco's airport. I'm so pleased to see all the fat people, you wouldn't believe it! And the food on the airplane was the best I've ever had. I think this may have more to do with the fact that every meal involved real cheese in some way than with the superiority of United Airlines' catering service.

My brother, Stephan, was running late to pick me up, so I paid an extortionate $6 for an hour's worth of internet--only to have my computer's battery take a sudden dive. At the time, I was sitting on the floor outside the BART station (why are there no fucking benches here?!!). Across the way, I saw a plug in the wall and it suddenly occurred to me that my plug works here! No adapter needed (good thing, since I broke mine the last week I was in Korea). So, I picked myself up off the floor and transfered over here.

Over the intercom, I keep hearing announcements that "We are currently at Terror Alert Level Orange". What a difference from Korea. I've also been watching my bags rather closely, as opposed to Seoul, where one can leave one's bags strewn about the room and no one will touch them. *sigh* A trade-off...

Anyway, time to go. Pupusas at the El Salvadorian restaurant await! I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment