Friday, July 25, 2003

Update!

Hello everyone!

I don't have much time to send out email tonight (but I will tomorrow-hopefully!), but I wanted to send out something to let you all know that I'm doing well. I was able to get a flat through my school and it is absolutely awesome. It's HUGE, and it comes equipped with everything that I need (it even comes with a garlic press!). It has a washing machine, a double bed in a separate room (I had thought that it would be a studio), plus a door that closes off the rest of the apartment from the front door and the bathroom/washing machine area. It's got hardwood floors (they're actually probably some sort of Pergo Laminate setup), a separate dining area with a little table and two chairs, a couch, a bed-couch in the living room, lots of windows, and if you can believe it, it's got a little black and white TV! It only shows Czech tv of course, but lots of the programs are American, but dubbed into Czech. Last night, they were showing Deputy Dog, and this morning I awoke to the Teletubbies being inane in Czech. It was a little odd, to be sure. The apartment is about a 15 minute walk from my school, and it's right by a supermarket, and the neighborhood is safe...so it's in a great location. Of course, it's not all good. Well, actually there's only one bad thing about it......It's on the 4th floor--and no elevator. So, yours truly hoofs it up 80-odd steps every night. But, it's a good trade-off. I really like it. :-) Anyway, I'm on my way back there to shower and change for drinks and dinner out with classmates to celebrate the end of our first week.

I had my second lesson today, and it went really well. The assessor told me that it was "very nice", which is great coming from one of them! :-) I'm nervous about the upcoming written assignments that we have to turn in, but with some hard work this weekend, I think it'll be fine. I'm really sweating having to teach my first grammar lesson. So far, I've taught the difference between British and American English, and today I did a Speaking lesson that revolved around their childhood memories (so that they would have to use the past tense).

It's been stressful, but my friends at school are great. We all get along so well, you'd think that we've known each other for years. Stressful situations do that to you, I guess. :-) Hmmmm....like band perhaps?????

Anyway, I need to run. Hope you're all doing well! I'll write more tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment